Friday, December 12, 2014

Something Special



One day about a month ago, I received a package in the mail.  There was no card or anything telling me who it was from.  A pure mystery!  In the package was this breath taking beautiful stain glass of a quilt block.  It said the name of the block was " The White House Rose".  It's made with the prettiest purple and lavender pieces of glass. ( the picture doesn't show it's true colors).  When the light shines through it, it is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen.  I just makes me smile.  Well, back to....where did it come from?  I have some amazing friends who would have sent this to me, so I set out calling them and I found her!  It was Kathy,  who lives in Maine.  Kathy and I have been friends since first grade...all the way through high school.  We have kept in touch through the years to where now we email each other almost every day.  She said she wanted me to have something really special for Studio 22 and she sure picked the right thing!  It's one of my favorite things that I own.  Every day, that I spend in the Studio and look at the window by the stairs, I think of Kathy and our long time friendship.  I wish everyone could have a friend for 58 years and counting.

No comments: