Tuesday, December 18, 2012

As Old as Santa

Santa's sure have changed over the years.  When we were little, Santa had a fake beard, hair and a pillow for a stomach.  His outfit was cheaply made.  You never questioned if he was real or not.  You just "believed".  These days, the Santa's are "pretty", with real beards and beautiful coats.  I'm not sure how many of them still have to stuff their suits to be jolly and fat. Probably not many of them.  I know when I took Genavive to have her picture taken with Santa every year when she was little, I looked for the prettiest Santa for the picture.  What fun it is to look at all the pictures from over the years of Genavive in her pretty Christmas dresses I made her and all of the pretty Santa's.  What is sad for me is, I realized that most of the Santa's of today, are the same age as me.  How in the heck did I get so old!!!!  I mean " as old as Santa?" I don't even want to think about it....sigh!

No comments: