Friday, July 27, 2012

Birthday Continues

Quilting book from Debbie

Beautiful Glass Heart from Christina and George
My birthday just keeps continuing.  Yesterday, I got a funny birthday card and note from Gene.  Today, I had two packages in the mail.  Chuck walked down to the mail box this afternoon and there was a big package, hanging on one of the trees...ha.  (only when you live in the country, the mail man hangs your packages in trees)  One of the packages was from Christina and George.  It was a pretty blue, glass heart.  Marina used to have a Christmas tree in her dining room and it had nothing on it but lights and hearts.  She collected them from every where.  This little blue heart, reminds me of Marina and how much Christina loves me.  The other package was from Debbie, my BFF!  No, it doesn't stand for "best friend forever" even though she is.  In the box was the birthday mug that we have been passing back and forth for a couple of years now.  Also, this wonderful quilt book!  It has 111 quilt square  patterns and it's called " The Farmer's Wife".  A couple of the ladies in my quilt guild have made this quilt so I have seen it in person.  It's beautiful!  I'm so lucky to now have the patterns to make one.  Now I just need the fabric and time.  I will keep collecting my 1930's fat quarters and maybe when I have enough, I will have the time too. 

No comments: