Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Huston, We Have an Egg!



It finally happened!!!!!  We got our first egg today!  I knew it was going to be any minute now so I have been walking down to the chickens a couple of times a day, just to check.  Sure enough, this afternoon when I went in the mansion and looked in the nesting boxes, there it was.  A cute, little almond colored egg.  I'm guessing that it came from one of the brown girls.  Not only did it have some color to it, but the brown hens seem to have matured more than the white hens.  Then, there are the BIG black and white boys!  So far, the boys are behaving themselves.  I'm sure their behavior will change once all the girls are laying.  I haven't decided what I will do with them if we have to get rid of them.  I'll worry about that when the time comes.  Meantime, I'm starting to count my eggs before they are laid. 

No comments: