Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quilt Guild







Not knowing too many people up here, I decided to join a book club at the library. Little did I know that I would meet someone from St. Petersburg. The book club is a " stitching book club". You are suppose to bring your needlework to work on while we talk about the books. The lady who sat across from me the first night was working on a beautiful quilt square. When I told her that I quilted, she invited me to her "quilt guild" meeting the second Tues of the month. I was excited to go. Chuck dropped me off in town at the meeting and I walked into the sweetest, funniest group of women who all had the same interest as I have. Betty, who is in my book club, told me to call Chuck and tell him that she would bring me home. She only lives a few miles down our road. The more we talked, the more we found out the funniest thing. She lived in St. Pete for over 20 years. Her ex-husband was from there and he went to Dixie. Come to find out, he was in Elaine's graduating class and his brother went to JC with Chuck. Her daughter was born at Bayfront and went to Dixie. She now lives over by Bonnie Bay and her daughter's best friend lives on Dover Court, ( the street behind our house in the old neighborhood ) Sure is a small, small world up here. Betty invited me to come " spend the day" last Friday and she taught me a new quilt technique. I think I have found a really good friend that has a lot in common with me. I think there just might be some road trips shared, down to St. Pete in our future.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

looks like a lovely group of ladies....beautiful quilts :-) You will fit in very well with their group.