Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day




Valentine's day was like having Christmas all over again. A couple days before, I went to the barn and dug out my big heart cookie cutter and the rolling pin. I cleared the counters in the kitchen ( it sure isn't like baking cookies in the house) and set out to make my Valentine cookies. Next, I spent time in the tiny studio and made the bag tops. That was fun. I have missed my cropping activities. The next day, Chuck and I set out and delivered my cookies to our friends. Chuck surprised me Valentine morning with a set of " Frogtoggs". It's a waterproof hooded jacket and a set of matching pants that we can wear when we go kayaking. We had to take my set back and get a bigger size to go over my clothes and while we were there, we got Chuck a set too. Now we are ready to hit the rivers in our kayaks. The day before Valentine's day, we got two packages in the mail. One from the Blomberg's......with a heart shape chicken print pillow that Christina made, one of Marina's black horses that we played with when we were kids.... ( I miss you girl!) a pretty pair of Valentine underwear (for me) a package of heart shaped gingerbread cookies and it all came in a pretty decorated with chickens, box. What a fun surprise! Then, we also got a package from Shell with our favorite candies.....heart shaped Reece's Cups and Valentine Peeps for me. I think it was the best Valentine's Day we have ever had. ....plus it was our first one in Alabama.


No comments: