Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Special Easter!

Vivienne wearing a smocked sun dress
and bonnet that I made her Mama, 30 some
years ago. 


Our tradition lamb cake that I make.


Kissing the lamb cake


Our little Easter Bunny


Easter brunch


Michelle's family


Peeps for our little Peeper


Easter outfit from Oma!

Our Easter was made special by Michelle/Craig/Vivienne coming to spend the weekend with us.  On top of it being "special"....Michelle dressed Vivi in a dress and bonnet that I had made Michelle about 34 years ago.  It just makes my heart smile when I see my grand daughters in something that I had made and kept for so many years, hoping that they would be worn again.   Every Easter, I make a lamb cake from the cast iron mold that I inherited from my Mother.  As far as I know, it is from the 1940's.  It could even be older than that.  Vivi thought " kissing the lamb" tasted pretty good!  Spring with all the lilies, tulips, wisteria blooming and Easter is the " most wonderful time of the year"!

No comments: