Monday, January 11, 2016

January's Snowmen


Brambly Pines snowmen



Kitchen windows








I had so much fun making the Christmas kitchen curtains, that I decided that just maybe I should have different kinds of curtains throughout the year.  Of course January means snow and snowmen.  While we were in town the other day, I ran into the fabric store to buy some thread and there were two racks of Christmas fabric on sale for 75% off!  You don't see THAT, very often. Plus! you got another 25% off your total purchase for being " old".  ( that's me)  As the idea popped into my head to make seasonal curtains, I was thinking blue with white snow flakes.  There was such fabric but not enough.  I need seven yards to make curtains and four matching place mats.  So, I kept looking through the fabrics.  Chuck actually pulled this one out and the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.  It reminded me of all these snowmen standing around the edge of our woods at Brambly Pines, so that is how my January snowmen curtains came about.  I'm going to check out all the holiday fabrics that go on sale AFTER the holiday and see what I can come up with for the rest of the year...or should I say, for next year's kitchen.

No comments: