Friday, December 12, 2014

President's Quilt

1930's President Quilt
It says :
Happy Hearts Quilt Guild
Barbara Peterson
President
2014.
It's one of the corner blocks on the
front of the quilt. 



It says:
Made by Women of Happy Hearts Quilt Guild
Decatur Alabama December 2014



Each member signed their block they made. 



Raggedy Ann and Andy 

At the end of the year, the Quilt Guild gives the President a quilt. .....that would be me, this year!  They all knew my favorite fabrics are from the 1930's so, each of them made a block out of the 1930's fabric and in the middle, they each signed their name.  This is one of the most "special quilts" I will ever have.  Right along beside the "real 1930's fabric quilt that my great grandmother made".  It was an honor for me to be president for a group of wonderful women who all have become my friends.
   One of the women in the guild, makes " Raggedy Ann and Andy" dolls.  They are absolutely amazing.  Yes, they each have the embroidered heart that says " I Love You".  She made me one of each and used the scraps from the quilt for their clothes.  How sweet was that!!!!  It was an amazing quilt guild year for me and the ending was the BEST!

No comments: