Monday, November 3, 2014

Downton Abbey Chair


Chuck and I seem to come across some really neat " deals" that we just can't pass up.  This one was a chair in an antique store in Hartselle that was celebrating " Depot Days".  The chair had an original price tag of $165.  It had been marked down to $60!  Can you believe that?  I couldn't.  I kept asking Chuck what was wrong with the chair?  How could it be that cheap?  After Chuck went over the whole chair with a fine tooth comb.....and couldn't find a thing wrong with it.  We decided to buy it.  We just " had" too.  I was in love with it.  If you watch Downton Abbey on PBS, you will notice that Maggie Smith has a chair like this in her sitting room.  They are always showing her sitting in it.  So, this is now my " Downton Abbey" chair in the dining room.

No comments: