Monday, November 3, 2014

Chicken Copy Cat

Dottie/Gary's chicken shelf


Our copy cat shelf



Not only did I have a great time in the mountains at Dottie/Gary's house, I came home with some new ideas for our house.  One of them was a long shelf over their breakfast room windows that held a collection of chickens.  I fell in love with it!  Melanie and I both thought it needed to be in our kitchen over the windows.  I'm not too sure Chuck thought it was a good idea but he did go ahead and built it for me.  After testing it with a gallon of water and a couple five pound bags of sugar, he declared it safe for me to put all my chickens up there.  I certainly didn't have to go out and buy chickens for it.  I just went around the kitchen and the rest of the house and collected enough to fill the shelf.  A lot of them were gifts from people.  Now I can enjoy them all from anywhere in the kitchen.  Thank you Dottie/Gary for a wonderful idea!

No comments: