Friday, April 4, 2014

The Cat Who....




Our Book Club is reading " The Cat Who Had 60's Whiskers" by Lillian Jackson Braun.  I had read it years ago because I have read all of the " Cat Who" books, but I couldn't remember what this one was about, so reread it.  The bed on the back porch is the best place to read a book.  Cool breezes and birds singing.  A lot of times, I put the book down, close my eyes and I'm out for a nap.  After reading for a little while, I got up to get a drink and when I came back Annabelle kitty had taken my place.  It's funny because when I read the book the first time, I said that Annie had 60 whiskers.  I had even tried to count them several times.  Her whiskers are the biggest part on her. Lots of them and they are soooooo long.  A cat's whiskers are suppose to be as long as they are wide so if they put their heads in a hole, their whiskers will tell them if their bodies will fit.  Annabelle's whiskers have always been a lot longer than she has been wide.  No getting stuck for her, that's for sure.

No comments: