Thursday, May 2, 2013

Around the House

The white azaleas


My Herb garden with my one eared rabbit.


The new bird to Brambly Pines
Double click on the pic to make it bigger.  He's at the bottom of the feeder.
A gold finch is sitting on the arm of the feeder. 
The roses are starting to bloom 


One of my hosta beds 


The Peace Lily that lived in the house all winter
The azaleas are all blooming around Brambly Pines.  I wish their blooms would last all summer.  The Hostas are all up and showing their pretty leaves.  Soon they will be blooming also.  My herbs are ready to be picked and use to make my dishes more flavorful.  The climbing roses are climbing, the knock outs are blooming and the regular roses all have buds.
   We had a new pair of birds come to the feeder yesterday.  The male is just beautiful with it's black/white feathers on its back and wings, a white stomach, a jet black head, a bright yellow beak and a bright red on the front of it's neck that goes down to a V into it's breast.  Chuck looked it up in our bird books and found out that they are Red Breasted Grosbeaks.  It also said that they really don't come to Alabama.  They stay over in the north mountains of North Georgia.  I guess that is why we have never seen them before.  I'm thinking that maybe they decided to come to Brambly Pines for a vacation.  After all, it's like a B n B for the birds too.  There are lots of bird houses and feeders on the land.  What more could a bird ask for?  Well, there is the frightening fat cat that some times sits under the feeders.  It just puts a little excitement into the birds vacations.  Keeps them on their toes or should I say wings.

No comments: