Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another Surprise!






As I was out on my daily walk around the yard, Chuck was watering and I had just finished tending to the climbing roses ...dead heading them. I heard someone coming up the drive way.  Of course I was still in my night gown and panicked.  There was no way I could run to the front yard so just stopped to see who it was coming to the house.  It was a delivery van for one of the local florists in Moulton.  The lady got out and asked if I was Barbara Peterson and then she told Chuck that we had a beautiful place here.  At first she was afraid to drive back here...ha.  If you have never been to Brambly Pines before, you never know what to expect, I guess.  The lady handed Chuck the most beautiful bouquet of flowers ever!!!  I grabbed the card and read that they were from everyone in my book club.  They were my first friends in Alabama, three years ago. The sweetest ladies that you would ever want for your friends.  I feel so lucky to been able to move here and live the life I have now...even with the unexpected hard knocks that life gives you sometimes.

No comments: