Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Among the Living

All my get well cards!


Flowers from sweet Andrea


Star of Bethlehem 


BFF quilt!!!


One of the " friends sayings"  
I'm BAAAAACK!!  I'm among the living again.  It was touch and go there for awhile.  The surgery and the stay in the hospital was rough, along with the first couple of days at home but then things started turning around.  The Dr told me that walking could be the best thing so I walked around the house, holding onto the walls and then I tried my strength with walking around the yard, holding onto Chuck of course.  As of yesterday, I was able to walk down to the garden and back without having to hold on.  Chuck says it's only about 1/8 of a mile down and back but it sure does feel like it's 8 miles all of a sudden.  I had a Drs. appointment six days after the surgery and she told me that I didn't look like I just had major surgery less than a week ago.  Well, that was because I had washed my hair and had make up on again...ha.  She said that my incisions ( all four of them) looked really good and everything seems to be in place where needed.  She didn't need to see me for another five weeks.
   It was so heart warming to find out how many wonderful friends that I have.  ...even before I had the surgery, Andrea brought me a pot of beautiful flowers.  One's I had never seen before.  They're called "Star of Bethlehem".  I'm hoping that I can plant them in my flower bed and I will be able to enjoy them again next Spring.  The evening that I got home from the hospital, here comes Andrea with enough food for dinner for the next two nights.  We didn't have to worry about dinner the next night either, because here came the BNOE with dinner and a little vase of pretty flowers.  I've had so many pretty "get well" cards, emails and phone calls.  I've never had so many friends in my life.  It really does help the hurt to go away when you have so many people that care about you.  When we moved, I left my BFF ( no it doesn't stand for best friend forever) in Florida.  We keep in touch so we are still very much involved with each other's lives.  When Elaine/Fred came up a couple weeks before my surgery, they brought me a present from Debbie and the instructions were not to open it until the day I came home from the hospital.  It was inside a beautiful lavender/blue fabric pillowcase.  I think I was home about an hour and settled in on the couch, when I had Chuck get my present.  When I opened it, I felt like I could  cry!  It was the most beautiful little quilt I've ever seen! It was all in my pretty lavender and blue colors with flowers in each block.  Half of the flowers had " friend sayings" in the middle of them.  All along the border was a stitched vine and little "yo yo" flowers and the date and BFF with Debbie's name.  I have been covering up with it every day as I lay on the couch to rest.  Every day, I think it's one of my most favorite things that I own.  I will cherish it forever!!!!  I want to thank everyone who has showed me that they care about me by their cards, emails and phone calls.  It has taught me a lesson on just how much it means for you to take the time to send someone a card or make a phone call.  I certainly will be sending more cards and checking up on people who need the love and support when they are hurting.

No comments: