Saturday, February 23, 2013

Quilt Square Update



The update on my Alabama quilt square is...it was chosen to be in the Alabama quilt!!!!!!  I'm so excited!!!!!  I had emailed the lady in charge of the quilt and asked her if my block didn't get picked for the quilt, if there was some way that I could get it back.  She wrote right back to me saying, that I had won and they were going to use my block in the quilt!!  She went on how beautiful my block was and congratulated me.  Yesterday, I received a letter in the mail explaining that my block was chosen and that I was invited, along with one guest to attend a luncheon in Montgomery, in April.  The First Lady will be there so that they can present the quilt to her on behalf of the Family Justice Center.  After a year-long tour of the cooperatives, the quilt will be displayed in the Family Justice Center.  At the bottom of my letter was a hand written note from Linda ( the lady in charge of the quilt) saying ..." One our our judges said that if your square wasn't chosen, she was going to be highly upset".   What a nice thing to read about my square.  I will be getting a plaque with a picture of the completed quilt on it.  That should come around the end of May or the first of June.  I keep thinking in my mind, how proud my Mom would be of me for this.  She loved to quilt and her grandmother before her.  I guess it's running in the family.  This experience sure has been fun and it's not over with yet. .....to be continued.  

1 comment:

InsLady said...

I am soooo proud of you!! You did a fab job (as with anything you do)!! I am thankful for our friendship and blessed to call your friend:)