Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's that time again!!


The row of sunshine lining the retaining walls. 



A pot of miniature daffodils and a pot of pink tulips




One of three of my pansy hanging pots outside the sun room window. 

It's that time again.  It seems like it comes in the middle of winter when you are ready to see something pretty and cheery when you look out your windows.  It's Daffodil time!!!  Every where you look they are there.  In people's yards, in open fields, along the side of the roads.  Pretty yellow every where.  I am so glad that I took the time to plant all those bulbs, lining both retaining walls in our yard.  When I look out my studio and living room windows, I see a line of sunshine yellow.  When I back the Explorer out of the basement, I look up and see these little yellow heads looking at me.  They just make me smile.  Another thing that amazes me is the fact that there are pretty pansies planted everywhere during the winter.  Come Spring, they will even be bigger and prettier than ever.  Even though we are suppose to have snow showers for a couple of days, starting tomorrow, letting us know that winter is still here, we have a touch of Spring outside our windows.

No comments: