Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012


Christmas mess returns!

My Blomberg Christmas

Garden Wind chimes from Ryan/Nic and girls

Ryan/Nic/girls present to Shell

Panties from Oma...the best!!

Chuck's Blomberg present

Christmas dinner

My Christmas dinner...sigh

Turkey, dressing, cranberries, green beans, mash potatoes...oh my!
 I want to say, in one way this was the best Christmas we've had since we moved to Alabama but to be honest with you, the first Christmas in the TT where we had just gotten electricity three days before Christmas will always be the best.  Then there was the first Christmas we were in the house and it snowed on Christmas Day.  How can you ask for anything better than that!  This year we had Shell here with us and it was like having a " real Christmas" again.  The problem with this year was, I came down sick.  I mean " really, really in bed sick"!! five days before Christmas.  By the time Christmas Day came I was up and about but even the smell of food made me " rethink about eating" again.  So, as Shell and Chuck ate Christmas dinner, I sat in one of the wing chairs in the dining room just to be with them.  Shell and I did our traditional 12 days of Christmas of presents this year.  What fun it is to open a present every day for 12 days, ending with our big present Christmas morning.  They aren't big presents, every day.  Just a little something that we think each other will like.  They could come from the Thrift store or even the $ store.  I wish I had done this for my kids when they were little.  A box came in the mail a few days before Christmas from our Blomberg family.  I had put the presents under the tree instead of opening them right then. It was like sharing Christmas with them on Christmas morning.  They are a huge part of our Christmas.  Just having all of our memories from the Christmas past is a big present to us. To top off our Christmas, we were able to "Face talk" on Shell's phone with Ryan, Nicole and all the girls.  It was almost like being there.  All and all, it was a very nice Christmas when it came to family.  The only thing that was missing was being part of Christmas Eve with the Peterson/Brisard/McLarty family party.  We did get to enjoy seeing all the pictures that were taken and shared with us.  So, Christmas has come and gone for another year where the years fly by way too fast.  The tree is down and all of the decorations are packed away in the basement.  Bring on the "New Year"...I'm ready for 2013!!  

No comments: