Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Garden


and I did


Look!! someone came and picked ALL the weeds out of the garden!!!! That would be me! Chuck took down the bean fences and cleaned those up while I pulled weeds.  It took us a couple of days but what a difference it made.  The weeds where knee high and solid in the whole garden.  Every Fall I tell myself that I'm not going to let it get this bad but by the end of summer, I just don't go down there and when I do, the weeds have taken over.  Well, as I was pulling weeds, Chuck also tilled the first 1/3 of it so I could get the Fall plants in the ground.  After I planted, I finished tilling the other 2/3.  I need to do a second tilling on what I did but at least it's not ugly and it looks like a garden again.  Now I have to remember that I have plants down there that need to be watered and kept weeded.  We will be eating fresh cabbage, lettuce and collards before we know it. 

No comments: