Friday, October 5, 2012

A Little Bit of Halloween


I've had her for years.  I forgot to get her out last year.


A fun wooden puzzle.

Witches shoes

My favorite!

Backing I made for the double rocker.


I went down into the basement today and dug through my Halloween stuff.  It's funny how you forget whats in the tubs from year to year.  Last year, I had bought a bunch of new stuff when it was 75% off.  I didn't even get any of my old stuff out.  If I did, I would have enough stuff to decorate every room in the house probably. I did get out my witch, which I forgot to get out last year.  I went shopping for our two trick or treaters the other day too.  I think I'm all set for Halloween.  It used to be my most favorite holiday during the year.  When the kids were little and I'd get to decide what costumes to make them.  Then, going to pick out our pumpkins.  It was a big deal!We took pictures at the pumpkin patch.   When the kids got older, we started having pumpkin carving parties.  We even had high school kids come to the parties that had never carved a pumpkin before...much less carve really neat ones.  We always had the best pumpkins in the neighborhood.  The neighborhood where we had over 200 kids come to trick or treat. Oh those were the days of Halloween!  I don't think I miss my Halloweens...I just miss my kids being little.  

No comments: