Saturday, December 24, 2011

Who's Who Wine Glasses

Remember my chalk board paint?  I still have almost a whole can of it sooooo, I put it to use again.  I had seen in Pier One, some wine glasses where they had painted a square on them so people could write their names or what have you on their glass they were using at the time.  Of course anything that comes from Pier One costs an arm and a leg, so I set out to find some nice glasses that I could paint on.  Found some! Also a nice black tray that they would look nice on.  By the way, this was the BNOE Christmas present that we already gave them.  Chuck taped off the area on each glass for me and I started painting coat, after coat, after coat of paint on each of them.  I finally got enough paint on the glass that I thought would cover the glass and also stay on the glass when washed.  There are tons of instructions on the Internet on how to dip the stems of glasses in the paint and then you have the area on the bottom of the stem to write on.  That doesn't give you very much room to write, so I decided to do them like the ones I had seen in the store.  All in all, I think they turned out nicely and just might be painting some more one of these days.

No comments: