Sunday, September 11, 2011

Moon Flowers



Blooming in the rain
Want to plant some " fun flowers"?.....plant " Moon Flowers".  They actually bloom at night ...not during the day.  They smell wonderful too.  I planted some last summer but they didn't do well because they didn't get enough sun, over by the TT.  This summer they are blooming their little hearts out.  The flower is big...about the size of your hand.   I remember Marina having " moon flowers" in Gainesville, outside her kitchen window, but of course I never saw them bloom.  If there was anything "different or neat", Marina had it in her yard.  After all, she was the " Gardening Editor of the Gainesville Sun".  Lady Melanie always plants " moon flowers"  along with " morning glories" in her yard.  What a neat combination.  I think it will be one of my " gardening traditions" from here on out. 

No comments: