Monday, June 27, 2011

Picken...again!



Look at the size of those blackberries!!!!!





vines growing around this tree
As I was walking down to the garden the other morning and went past our blueberry bushes, it reminded me that we should go and pick blueberries and blackberries at Spradlins one more time.  Since the kids were coming in a week, I knew we wouldn't have time for picking before they got here, unless we went that morning.  Afterwards, would be too late.  Soooo, when Chuck walked down to the garden, I asked him if he wanted to go pick......and we walked to the house, grabbed our hats and the bug spray and off we went.  It was a perfect time to pick....the vines and bushes were loaded!  We picked four gallons of berries in two hours.  We only brought one gallon of each home with us since we got money off of ours for picking some for the produce stand.  Of course I had to have a dish of homemade ice cream after all that picking.  :-)  Since " Sweet Annie's" is on the way home, we stopped to see France again.  I found a pretty little blue vase and an antique thread box that said " Lily threads" on the front of it.  Had to have them both.  When we got home, I washed and put the berries in the freezer, leaving out a bowl of each for us to eat fresh.  I think I have enough berries in the freezer now to last us until next summer.  Isn't summer great!!!!!!!!!

No comments: