Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cats of the porch




A couple of months ago, we went to our favorite antique/junk store not far from our house and found this funny " cat table".  It was painted blue.  I knew just were I was going to put it....the back porch so it had to be painted Casper White.  When I sanded it to rough up the blue paint....the paint started peeling off and under the blue , the cat was painted bright colors with poke a dots on him.  He looked like he might have been born in Mexico.  It took Chuck and I both to get him all sanded before I painted him white.  He is perfect for a side table to put your drink on, next to the chase.  I'm sure he feels right at home with Annabelle and Marmalade spending so much time on the porch.   Annabelle thinks the bed we put out there is hers.  Marmalade lays by the door, in hoping it will open and he will be an " outdoor kitty" again.   We have a kitty that lives on the front porch and the back porch has two kitties and a kitty table.   ..." no dogs aloud!" 

No comments: