Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Peonies and Roses

Roses



Ben's


Mine

One of Ben's
I have a new " favorite flower".  They are " Peonies"!  They are BIG fluffy blooms.  You can fill a vase with just a couple of flowers.  On the way home from Church with Melanie, we drove up her brother's drive way ( he lives one house down and across the street from her) and he was out in his yard tending to his flowers.  He asked if we had time for him to pick me some flowers to take back to Moulton with me.  Of course! ....we had time.  He picked me a big handful of beautiful peonies that he had planted across the front of his house.  Then, we walked around to all of his rose bushes and he picked me another handful'  His yard was just beautiful and I was so glad I got to see it all.  Before I headed home, Lady Melanie went out in her yard and picked me some of her roses and camellias.  Boy! did the explorer ever smell good all the way home.  The next day was our 41st Anniversary and after we went out to eat in Decatur, we stopped at Home Depot and bought two peonie plants.  I planted them out in the front corner of the yard and they are blooming.  Another pretty flower that I couldn't have in Florida.

No comments: