Tuesday, April 26, 2011

French Strawberry Jam





Champagne and croissants
Right after Church, we came home, put on our aprons and started in on making the "French Strawberry Jam" with all the strawberries from the Farmer's Market.  It has a special ingredient....LIME!  It truly changes the taste of the strawberries.  ..and it's GOOD!  (Chuck doesn't like strawberries but he really likes Lady Melanie's jam) After de-stemming the berries and cutting them up, mashing and cooking....there were four batches done and another one waiting to be done when we all sat in the parlor and had champagne and croissants with the fresh, wonderful french strawberry jam.  The champagne and croissants is a tradition at Carmichael Hall the day of " Strawberry Jam Day".  I left the last batch to be finished by everyone else and I packed up the explorer to drive home.   Not only did I have a wonderful weekend in Birmingham and Georgia but the explorer was loaded with such wonderful treasures from Lady Melanie and my trip.  I still have to pinch myself that I live where I can jump in the explorer and be in Birmingham in 1 1/2 hours and even  go to Georgia and back in a day. 

No comments: