Sunday, March 6, 2011

Old/New

Before.......
After

A couple of weeks ago, we stopped at one of my favorite antique/junking stores not too far from our house because I was looking for a pretty wine decanter to put my mouth wash in.  Well, I found one BUT, I also found this old armoire.  I fell in love with it and when we came home, I measured to see if it would fit in my bedroom where I had it pictured.  It did! We went back the next day(Chuck in the truck and me in the Explorer.) The whole way, I was hoping that it was still there and I told myself, if it wasn't, then it wasn't meant for me to have it.  Well, it was there!  I was so happy.  Then, I went to work trying to talk the guy down in the price.  He did come down a little and Chuck said if I wanted it....to get it, as he always does.  It was loaded up in the truck and Chuck took it home, as I went on to town to get my hair cut.  When I got home, it was unloaded in the barn and Chuck had started repairing and sanding it.  Two days later, it was ready for me to paint.  After two coats of paint and a coat of stain wiped on it....it was ready for my bedroom.  It holds all of my winter scarves, hats and gloves.  Plus my summer hats ( in the little door above the drawers).  Oh yeah...the story on the drawer pulls is......In my mind, I had pictured little glass knobs so when we went to town we looked at Home Depot for them.  They had them...not glass...plastic like everything is made these days.  They were more than I had planned on paying for them also.  Chuck suggested that we go down the road to Lowes to look for them.  Well, they had less and they even cost more.  I was so disappointed.  Then, I happened to remember about buying some knobs at Hobby Lobby for the furniture in the kitchen. So, we ran down there and low and behold! Not only did I find the perfect knobs but they were on sale for 50% off.  Good thing! because I couldn't have bought them other wise.  They ended up costing what the little plastic clear ones at Home Depot was going to cost BUT.....these were clear, green flowers with purple centers.  I couldn't ask for a better match to my bedroom.  I love it....my old/new armoire with the perfect knobs.  I still have a lot of work to be done to my bedroom like....cut my bedspread off, make a new bed skirt, cover the window valances that Chuck made, have my chair covered and make some pretty throw pillows.  ( the colors are so much prettier in person than in the pictures.)  I picked the colors because lavender/purple is my favorite color and I painted the furniture the green to match the green chase that  I already had.


No comments: