Monday, March 14, 2011

Getting ready


Some kind of seeds growing in the compost

After a year of building our compost pile with kitchen scraps, pine needles, chicken poop and shavings, we took the sides off of the compost bin and shoveled it all in to the garden.  It only covered half of our garden area so we will see if there is a difference in our plants.  I raked it to cover the top of the area so we can till it into the ground.  We have to wait until the soil dries out more before it can be tilled.  That will be a few more days because we are due to get more rain tonight and tomorrow.  Once we can till and rake it all into rows, it will be time to plant.  I can't wait!  I had so much fun with the gardens last year.  It's hard for me to believe that this will be our second garden. Time has pasted so fast since we have moved up here.  I guess it's  the old saying " time flies when you are having fun". 

No comments: