Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Deck


With having two really nice porches, I didn't think I would sit out on the deck that much but I have come to love it as much as the porches.  I love sitting out there, with a different view of the " woods" (and the huge mulch pile for right now)  We have had lunch on the deck for the past two beautiful Spring days that we have had.  We still have some work to be done on the deck, like the railings to the steps and the metal, rocky chairs need to be sand blasted and painted.  I was going to have Chuck paint everything a pretty "royal blue" but since Shell had given us a really nice canvas umbrella for Christmas about five years ago ( we saved it to use at the new house) and it was green.  We already had the green table but no chairs.  The chairs that we found were black, so I decided to just paint everything black or green to save a lot of painting.  It's all working out great, because we bought this really nice window box for my bedroom window and it fit in with the black chairs.  I love the window box because not only does it hold pretty flowers to see from the deck, but I can see them from inside my bedroom.  Yep, I think the deck is going to be used just as much as the two porches.  It just depends on what view of the " woods" you want. 

No comments: