Monday, May 3, 2010

Plants and things







These are the things that we bought at the "Rustic Gardens" and we stopped at this house along the side of 157 where this man was selling " knock off roses". Funny name huh? These roses are beautiful...the bush is covered with blooms and they grow as high as a hedge. This man had a whole hedge of them along his drive way. It was amazing! I'm going to plant ours down at our mail box. I have ten roses down in the garden area and they are all starting to bloom. We bought a huge hydrangea which is starting to get blooms. I can't wait to see what color it turns out to be. He had several different colors of geraniums. It was hard for me to pick which one I liked the best so I picked one that I had never had before. Before we left, Chuck found a bluebird house that I had been wanting. We have plans for them for Chuck to make but this one was cheap enough to buy and then Chuck can just make more from the measurements from it. Charlotte has little baby bluebirds in her house in the back yard. I will have to figure out where to put it down in the garden because they like to be out in the open and low to the ground. We had a fun day....even though we didn't get to go to the "strawberry days". That is how our days end up around here half the time any ways......and we love them.

No comments: