Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A short trip to town...ha





































We thought we would just run into town to the grocery store and Home Depot....ha! As always, we end up going to 50 places and spend most of the day in town. First we went to find the main post office so Chuck could get some tax forms ( yep....as always...he will be doing our taxes the night before they have to be mailed....after 40 years, I'm used to it) We stopped at the " welcome center" to ask where the post office was. The welcome center is in an old house that has been refurbished and outside was this beautiful vine with yellow flowers growing up the side of the house. We asked about it and was told it was " Caroline jasmine". It sure was pretty. The lady told us how to get to the Post Office but we were told we had to go to the library to get the forms that Chuck needed. What a neat library! It's big like the main one in St. Pete. They had a big Mark Twain display and was selling " the big read/Tom Sawyer" tee shirts. Chuck bought me one since I read Tom Sawyer and I'm now reading Huck Finn. After leaving the library we came across a new " coffee/donut shop". We just HAD to stop and see how good it was and it was GOOD! After stopping at the $ store and "Fred's" we managed to go to two groceries stores, Home Depot and the electrical shop. There is where I discovered that my phone was broken. While Chuck went in to get the circuit breaker he needed to hook up the dryer, I tried to call Betty to see what time she was picking me up for the " mystery trip" the next day. We had all these groceries in the truck that couldn't sit in the hot parking lot while we spent an hour in Verizon, trying to get my phone fixed so Chuck dropped me off and drove all the way home to put the stuff away and then came back and got me. I ended up having to get a new phone ( of course) and had to learn how to use it. I just hate learning new stuff. It makes my brain hurt. We came home and Chuck hooked up the washer and dryer while I brought the ton of laundry down to the barn. ( we hadn't done laundry since before Shell and Genavive came) Chuck put a " test load" in and it worked. Oh it's so nice not to have to go to the stinky, weird people, laundry mat any more. The only problem is, when I do laundry, Chuck has to run the pipes and the dryer vent hose out the door of the barn....ha. ...real redneck, but hey, it works so that's all I care for now. As the first two loads of laundry was getting done, I worked on painting my rain barrel again. After dinner, I went down to the garden to water things that I have planted. I have a watering can that was my Mom's and it has been hanging on a nail in the shed. Last year, a little bird filled the whole can up and made a nest in it. I took it down the other day to take to the barn, so I could paint it but noticed it was half filled with a nest. I guess the same little bird is filling it up again this year. I still haven't seen what kind of bird that is using it but I'm sure I will soon. Another day on Brambly Pines.....and another project checked off the list. Oh yeah....Chuck made my clothes lines out of wood and I love them!

No comments: