Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mystery Trip
















I had been looking forward to the Quilt Guild Mystery Trip for a month and now I'm looking forward to the next one for next year. We all ( 20 of us) met at one of the big churches down town and climbed on the cute little bus and headed north. Everyone was guessing where we were going but since I don't know where I'm going half the time, I didn't have a clue where we were going to end up. The scenery just kept getting prettier and prettier. The mountains were in the background and we passed beautiful farms with red barns and bright green fields. It looked like it all should be in a book or calendar and I was seeing it all in person. We were in Tennessee! What a beautiful state!We ended up in Decherd Tn. at a cute little quilt shop. The prices were good and the guy gave all of us 20% off on top of it. When everyone was done shopping, we walked two blocks down the road to this really pretty little restaurant called " The Blackberry Patch". The food was wonderful and as we were eating, the owner came in and talked to us. She was so sweet and she told us the story of how Martha Stewart had been there on Palm Sunday. She even had pictures to show us of her and what all she had cooked for her. Next stop was a few miles down the road. It was an old time Department Store that took up at least 1/2 block. Of course they had lots of fabric also. I found several pieces that I hope will make it into quilts one day. We then headed south but stopped one more time at this mill. It was on a beautiful piece of land with a water fall. They were grinding " grits" while we were there. By the time we got back to Decatur, it was around 4:30. Betty and I told everyone good bye and how much fun we had before jumping in her car for her to drop me off at home. We pulled up to our drive way and we both yelled.." Oh my gosh!!!! GRAVEL!!!!" Chuck had gravel delivered and it was spread all the way up to the barn. I couldn't believe it! What a fun day and ending it with having a real drive way to drive on. Can't ask for anything more out of a day!

No comments: