Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Our " Fitbit" walk

Geese leaving the lake.....



we walk a little over 3 miles






cow trough   

I never knew one Christmas present could change my daily life so much.  Michelle and Craig gave me a " Fitbit" for Christmas.  It tells me how much I walk, sleep, eat and just about anything else you want to know about yourself in a day.  You are suppose to be walking 10,000 steps ( four miles) a day.  Did you know that?  Let me tell ya....four miles is a lot longer than you think.  I thought I walked a lot just around Brambly Pines every day but not even close.  So, Chuck and I started  going over to the Indian mounds close to our house and walking the paths until we've walked at least 3 miles.  It's a beautiful place to visit every day.  You see tons of birds ( now that it's early Spring) hundreds of turtles and Chuck always counts at least over 60 Canadian Geese.  On the farm next to the mounds, there are two zebras....yep....zebras...ha.  Two special looking long horn steers and a donkey.  There is a " cow trough" along one of the paths at the mounds.  Way back in the olden days, they would fill this trough up with poison and tie something around the necks of the cows so their heads would stay out of the water and walk them through to kill some kind of bug that was on the cows.  It's kinda weird walking thought it.  My walking schedule has become walking four days a week at the mounds.  One day I have to take to go to town for groceries and I need the other two days of the week to get things done around Brambly Pines.  I figure walking on an average of 20 miles a week is better than what I was doing.  The good thing about it is....it's making Chuck walk more and it's helping his legs from his surgery.  It was really like a present to both of us.

No comments: