Tuesday, January 5, 2016

$1 Christmas Bolt

Kitchen windows 






About two weeks before Christmas, I was still decorating.  Let me tell you about the story of the $1 bolt of tacky Christmas fabric.  About three years ago, Lady Melanie brought me a whole bolt, with the plastic still on it, of what looked like tacky Christmas fabric.  She had found it at a garage sale.  We laughed and laughed on what we could use this tacky fabric for.  I never came up with any ideas so the bolt got put on the shelf when I moved over to the studio.  At times, I kinda forgot about it.  THEN!  one day a couple weeks before Christmas, I was in the bathroom ( where I get most of my brain storm ideas....not really) and it came to me what I could use the fabric for.  I went to the studio and unwrapped the bolt and as I unwound it, it became prettier and prettier to me.  My idea lit up in my head and I started sewing.  After measuring and counting tabs that I would need to make, I made the first panel of new " Christmas curtains for the kitchen"!  They turned out beautifully so I got busy making the other panel.  I loved them!!!  Now that my brain was working on what to do with the " tacky Christmas fabric", I made four matching place mats and four matching napkins  for the kitchen table.  Next, since I had given the grand kids all Christmas pillow cases, last year, I made four pillowcases out of the Christmas bolt for the adult kids.  Yes, I still have about 1/3 of the bolt left but just give me another year and I'll come up with something to do with it.  Maybe ten matching stockings? ..........

No comments: