Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Walk Around Brambly Pines

White Azaleas along the front porch


Pretty pink Azaleas in the side yard




New flower bed around the bell


Purple Columbine in the Studio bed


Needs ceiling, shutters, trellis and lots of paint....
some day it will be done. 


Laid out walk way.  ( I'm hoping it will be straight
when I get them all half buried.) Notice new clothes lines.


Studio bed against the woods


Looking from the studio.  All the ivy growing along the
woods that the BNOE and I planted about 8 years ago. 


Funny curly plant that is in both
urns on the end of the retaining walls.




Crape Myrtles and peonies in the front corner bed. 

Coming up the hill to the house.  The Iris and Day lily bed
in the median.  
I've been working outside every chance I get when there is no rain.  Believe me...we have had the rain this Spring.  More than we have ever had since we moved up here.  Brambly Pines has been like a Florida swamp!!  We still only have half of the garden planted because of it all.  The things we have planted are coming up but I'm afraid that it all might drown.  The white azaleas are just beautiful along the front porch.  Prettier than ever!.  I guess they have liked all the rain.  Our whole side yard is planted in different pink azaleas but they aren't solid blooming like the porch ones.  Still very pretty!  The Iris are all starting to bloom in the median of the drive way.  Next will be the day lilies. I love Fall/Winter up here but Spring/Summer is right up there with the other two seasons.  I have lots of work to be done outside but I love being outside so much that it's actually fun.  Looking forward to all the summer fun.  Now, if the rain would just stop coming every other day.

No comments: