Sunday, November 2, 2014

Welcome Fall!




New Table Runner


Notice the birds nest in the leaves.
Michelle found it six years ago when we had
Thanksgiving in the barn.  


Kitchen Turkey




Pumpkin Bars
It seems like summer came and went before I could even decorate for Halloween.  So, I didn't.  I did get down to the basement to dig out some of my Fall decorations the other day.  I'm good to go now for almost a month.  I actually made a Fall table runner for my long time friend, ( we've known each other since first grade) Kathy, for her birthday.  As I was making the runner, I kinda got carried away sewing pretty fall colored squares together.  I happen to stop and think...wow! this might be too long for Kathy's table and went to measure it against our table.  It " just" fit.  I was afraid that Kathy's table might not be as long as ours and I didn't want to ask her to measure her table since I would be giving away her birthday present.  Soooo, I just started over and made a shorter one for Kathy.  I'm so glad that I got carried away, making the first one because I love the way it looks on our table.  By the way.  I guessed just right on the second runner because it fits Kathy's table, perfectly.  I'm going to enjoy all the pretty colors of Fall because it will be time to decorate for Christmas before we turn around.

No comments: