Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mom's Hanging Around

Mom's Angel Wing Begonia




Mom's cement planter that I grow my herbs in 


Mom's pickle crocks


Mom has been gone for 20 years but she is still hanging around.  It makes me smile to know that I have some of her things.  She would be smiling too that I'm using them.  Remember the two little cuttings that I took off of the Angel Wing Begonia that Michelle started from the one that I planted ( from Mom's) at our Florida house?  Well, that's it in the picture.  It's almost as big as the original one that died in the freezing weather the first winter we were here, since we didn't have any electricity to keep it warm.  I'm not going to take any chances on losing this one and it be gone forever.  I'm starting several off of this big one. Mom used her two pickle crocks to make pickles and sauerkraut in but since I doubt if I will ever use them for that, I thought I would put them on the back steps and put some kind of plants in them.  I just haven't figured out what kind of plants.  Yes, we lugged her pink cement planter all the way from Florida and I have used it for my herbs at my back door, every since we moved into the house.  I love that I only have to step outside the screen door and pick my fresh herbs for cooking.  Right now I have parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme....  are you singing it?....I know you are!!!   So, until Winter comes again, I get to enjoy Mom hanging around in several places outside.  I'm glad she is still making me smile.  


No comments: