Saturday, January 11, 2014

Teaching an old cat a new trick!

Annabelle's new chair






Got my chair back!!!!


It is very strange only having one cat in the house since Marmalade has been gone.  Even though Annabelle and Marmalade were OK being brother and sister(by adoption) and they did eat off of the same plate at meal time.  At one time in their lives they even slept together, up until it got so where Annie couldn't jump up on my bed any more.  They kinda drifted a part in the past year or so.  I guess that is a good thing though because now she doesn't even miss him.  I'm doing the " missing" for the two of us.
  Ever since we got our wing back chair recovered, Annie thought it was HER chair.  I started putting a blanket over it because I didn't want it ruined with kitty feathers ( that's what Genavive called cat fur when she was little)  all over it.  Plus didn't want to take the chance of her throwing up on it.  Any ways.....I just gave up the thought of ever getting to see or sit in my new chair until Annie was gone.  At Thanksgiving time, Michelle helped me move the chair over by the fire place so Annie would be nice and warm...ha.  As I was telling Michelle how I so wanted to be able to use my chair, she came up with the idea of training Annabelle to sleep in another chair.  I said it would never happen.  Once Annie gets her mind set on something...she does it!  Well, Michelle suggested the old " tin foil in the chair trick".  So, I went and got a piece of foil.  Annie jumped onto the chair just twice with the foil on it and that cured her right then and there.  I just had to put her blanket in the chair I wanted her to sleep in and TA DA!  taught an old cat a new trick!!! Annie is happy by the front living room window and I'm happy being able to sit in my new chair by the fire.

No comments: