Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Apple Time

















After a morning of tomato picking, we headed to Spradlins where we pick our blackberries and blueberries.  They also have an apple orchard.  Strange thing was, when we got there, they were closed. It's not like them to be closed at apple time and on a Saturday afternoon.  We sure hope nothing has happen in their family to make them close their stand.  So, we continued down the road a bit to Steele's Orchard.  You can't pick apples there but they have all kinds for you to buy.  We ended up buying a 1/2 peck so I could make apple butter.  Once I tasted how good the apples were, I didn't want to use them for apple butter.  I just wanted to eat them.  Might make an apple pie out of them also.  Just might go back and get more if I really get the inkling to make apple butter this Fall.  It is one of my favorite things that I make in the kitchen.

No comments: