Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

GiGi's cupcake 


Tea Towel from Gene
My birthday cards!


 Hummingbird Tea Pot from Debbie


Vintage style  Mason Jars from Debbie


Pretty blue/white plate from Kathy


Fabric and pattern from Vickie


Fun fabric from Kathy 
Even though this hasn't been the best year of my life, I did have a nice birthday.  Chuck and I went out to lunch and then we stopped by "GiGi's cupcakes to get my birthday cupcake.  I wait all year to have one.  It makes me enjoy it that much more.  That night, we went to some friends house for dinner and to play cards.  It turned out to be so much fun, that the six of us are going to get together once a month at each other's house for it.
    My friends sent me wonderful presents!  Debbie in Florida, sent me a beautiful hummingbird tea pot and a box of Vintage Style blue mason jars.  Isn't it funny how when you get old, a box of jars makes your day!...ha.  Kathy sent me a great box of things.  A beautiful blue/white plate for my dining room wall, a yard of fun fabric and a gift card for what ever I want to buy.  It will probably be used on something to do with "sewing".  Not sure yet.  That's half the fun, figuring out what you want to spend it on.  Vickie sent me the cutest package of fabric and a pattern to use it all on.  When we were in Cecil for C.Mac Johnson day, Gene and her mom gave me my birthday also.  Gene gave me a neat, burlap purse and inside was a birthday tea towel and some pretty purple/white plates to hang on my bedroom wall.  Her Mom gave me the cutest red rooster cream pitcher.  A couple of days after my birthday, I was still getting cards.  I love it when I can extend my birthday for a few days.  Along with Christina's birthday wishes, was a gift card for Starbucks.  When Christina was here for my birthday, two years ago, we went to Starbucks for coffee.  It was Christina's first Starbucks and now it's a great memory for both of us.  All in all, like I said, I had a very nice birthday.  I got birthday wishes in phone calls from both of my children.  This weekend, Genavive called to wish me a happy birthday.  She was at camp all last week and couldn't call.  It's bitter sweet being another year older, as you all know.  I think I'm going to go with the " sweet part" of it though.  I'm glad to be another year older!!! "Happy Birthday to Me!".

No comments: