Sunday, July 14, 2013

Blueberry Jam Day





One day last week, I decided I had better do something with all the fresh blueberries and the ten quart bags of frozen berries in the freezer.  Between the left over frozen ones from last summer and the large bags that our neighbor, Lydia brought us, ( she has 17 blueberry bushes in her back yard)Plus the gallon that we picked when Genavive was here.   I decided I should make blueberry jam.  The first batch I made without sugar.  I had made some like that at a work shop I had gone to last summer at the County Extension. It's tart, but really good.   The next batch I did normally with all the sugar.  I ended up with 19 jars of jam and I STILL have 7 more quart bags of frozen berries in the freezer.  That's a lot of blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins to make.  I'm thinking...another batch of jam?

No comments: