Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hot Air Balloon Festival Again



I liked this one for Memorial Day !


A couple of the pilots





Blowing it up!










I know!!  I can't believe that I got to go to the Hot Air Balloon Festival this year.  I missed it last year since I was in Florida to surprise Shell for her birthday.  I think it's my favorite festival around here.  I love watching them blow the balloons up and all the pretty colors they are.  There is a craft show in one area and our " iron works" neighbors are always there.  We hadn't seen them in awhile so we got caught up on things besides buying a new sign for Brambly Pines.  After visiting, Chuck and I walked over to the field where they were blowing up the balloons.  Chuck carried my fold up chair so I could rest when I needed too.  After walking across the field and taking pictures of all of the balloons, I needed a small rest before heading back to the explorer.  Chuck put my chair right next to one of the balloons.  It was like being in a movie or a book...looking up into the sky and seeing all the colors and magical balloons.  I kept thinking how lucky I was to sit in such a pretty setting.  I hated to get up and leave such a pretty place, but it was time to walk across the field and parking lot again.  We had a laugh on the walk back.  One of the balloons had taken off and ended up landing in the parking lot.  It was a wonder it didn't come down on a car or someone.  Then, when we got to the craft show area again, there was the Pepsi balloon with in just a few feet from Dave and Melanie's iron works booth.  We may not have been able to stay until after dark to see the balloon glow ( where they all light up the balloons at one time) but I felt really lucky that I did so well to walk so far to be among the balloons after having my surgery just 1 1 /2 weeks ago.  We stopped in town for dinner and as soon as we got home, I was laying on the couch and didn't even stay awake an hour.   Chuck woke me up and I went to bed and slept the whole night.  All that walking was good for me.  This morning, I even feel better than I have.  Will take it easy today though and will enjoy all my pretty balloon pictures.

No comments: