Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day!


My Hug Pillow 
Huge felted flower




My fun Valentine cards and pretty chicken fabric 

Some times Valentine's Day comes and goes and you hardly even know it was here but this year I was surprised and some of my dearest friends sent me cards and presents.  Leland (our mailman) pulled up to the back door with a box addressed to me.  He said the rest of the mail was in the mail box because he wasn't sure if we were going to be home when he got to the house.  Of course, I had to hurry inside and open the box.  It was from  Christina ( my German Mom).  Inside was the funniest, cutest Valentine hug pillow I have ever seen.  She sent me a hug.  When Chuck brought up the mail from the box, there was another package from Florida Debbie.  Last year when I was down in Florida, I went to a yarn shop with Debbie to ahhhh over all the yarns and patterns.  Well, Debbie bought a pattern and some yarn to make this HUGE flower.  You knit it and then felt it before it's done.  I bought a skein of yarn and Debbie said she would make me a flower.  I had totally forgotten about it until I opened the big envelope and there it was.  It is so neat!!!  It even has a stem on the back of it.  She sewed two pins at the top on the back so you can pin it to whatever. The day before, another envelope came from Vickie with a cute card and a piece of beautiful chicken fabric. Only sewers can relate on how happy a piece of fabric can make you.  ha. This last week, I got a Christmas/Valentine box from Gene.  Two pretty winter kitchen towels, a funny Alabama book and the sweetest little cream pitcher from England.   So this year, Valentine's Day came and it was really fun.  Here's a thank you to all my dearest friends.

No comments: