Friday, February 8, 2013

New Kitchen

Turned the rug the same angle as the windows

Corner cabinet by itself


When we were building the house, I asked Chuck several times to measure the one kitchen wall between the kitchen and the breakfast room to make sure that the corner cabinet was going to fit.  He kept measuring and telling me that it was going to fit.  Well, when it came time to move into the house, we had acquired the large bakers rack and I didn't think the furniture would fit the way I had intended.  So, I ended up putting the two tall pieces next to each other and I never liked the corner cabinet in the far corner.  For the past few months, as I sat at the kitchen table, I would picture in my mind what the furniture would look like, moved around. This last Tuesday morning, I decided the only way I was going to find out was to just do it.  I took all the cook books off of the bakers rack and all of the dishes out of the corner cabinet. Yep! it was a job!   I got Chuck to help me move the furniture and with each piece moved, I knew I was going to love the kitchen the new way and that I should have done it from the very beginning.  It makes the corner cabinet stand out and the whole breakfast area looks a lot bigger.We can see the TV better with it being lower on the top of the desk.  I am in love with my "new kitchen"!

No comments: