Sunday, January 13, 2013

Real Buddies!

Marmalade
George
Yep, George kitty was a " house kitty" for a few minutes.  I bring him in every evening and he walks down the basement stairs, goes through the scardy pit and on to the basement, so he will be safe from the neighbor's dogs and what other wild animals that are out lurking in the middle of the night.  When I first started bringing him inside, I had to carry him to the basement but it didn't take long for him to get used to it all and now he does it on his own.  He's a pretty smart guy.  Well, one afternoon, I brought him inside and took him to the sun room where Marmalade spends his days when he's not on the back porch.  George and Marmie are buddies through the screen of the porch and the windows but I wanted to see if they would be real buddies up close and personal.  Marmie was laying on the chase and I put George down on it.  They smelled each other's head and then Marmie actually licked George's head.  Then, he got down and sat on the floor while George laid down to take a nap.  I know George was thinking ..." man, this is pretty good, being an indoor kitty".  I let him stay for a few minutes but made him go outside again.  I didn't want him to get used to the " good life", not that his life outdoors isn't good.  I just can't have three " house kitties".  The cat pan for two is bad enough.  Not to mention the extra two "visiting" kitties, in the laundry room right now.  I got my answer about George and Marmalade being real buddies.  They are!

No comments: