Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Little More Christmas


Bedroom lavender tree
 
Christmas Dishes

Dinning room cardinals

Fire Pit Adirondack Chair on the tree!

Updated Ceramic Tree with white lights, instead of the different colored ones.(plus the little red cardinal lights)

George even decorated his house!!
As I look around the house, there seems to be some kind of Christmas every where.  More so since Shell was here to decorate.  It is pretty and I do enjoy it but by the time Christmas comes, I'm ready for it all to come down.  I'm not really " Bah! Humbug!" but I let thinking about having to take it all down and put it away, spoil it for me.  As everyone knows, it's bad luck to have it all up for New Years.  I don't want to take any chances, so the day after Christmas, it all comes down.  I thought my "personal decorator" would be taking it all down this year, but since she has a temp. job in Nashville for a month, she won't be here for the fun job.  I'm going to play Pollyanna and think about all the exercise I'm going to get, going up and down the stairs to the basement and you know what that means!  I can eat Christmas cookies and German goodies as I'm doing it all.  (smiling)
   I think my favorite of all the decorations is the pretty lavender tree in my bedroom.  I think I could leave that up all year ( if it wasn't bad luck).  It's so nice to have it lit as I sit at my "writing table" and my pretty wing back chair, having tea as I write letters.  The radio is playing all Christmas music and it's so relaxing.  Speaking of the radio playing Christmas music 24/7.   I have a favorite radio station that I listen to all the time ...BUT when it starts playing Christmas music non stop the week before Thanksgiving, the station gets changed for a couple of weeks.  I mean, come on...Christmas music is pretty but after two or three weeks of it, it's just "too much of it"!! I'm just saying.  By the time Christmas comes, you are so sick of it, you are glad Christmas is over.  Oh, there I go, "Bah Humbuging" again.  I guess I need to dig out my Christmas shirt that says " Bah Humbug" on the front of it and put it on.  Just maybe it will snow on Christmas Day and have me loving Christmas.  Then I won't want it to be over with. 

No comments: