Friday, September 7, 2012

Marigolds Galore


This Spring I decided to plant marigolds all the way down each side of the retaining walls.  Since the packets of seeds are kinda expensive in most of the stores, I decided to buy the ones at the $ store.  They were 4 packs for $1.  I guess I didn't pay any attention to the packets and thought I was buying all the same kind.  NOT!  Some were the little short ones and some were the tall ones.  I was thinking that they were all short and would make a nice little hedge along the walls.  Well, as the days of summer grew into months, half of the marigolds grew taller and taller.  As they got lanky, I wanted to pull them up but Chuck said he liked them because they added color to the yard.  When it rains, they fall over but the next day, they are standing back up at attention again.  I think I will plant them again next Spring, but will make sure I pay attention to the packs and get ALL short ones.  Here's to color in the yard!

No comments: