Saturday, September 15, 2012

Birmingham's M's


So much to choose from


Fabric for the living room curtains and valances

Fabric to have the wing back chair recovered in.
I had an Eye Dr. appointment in Birmingham last Monday so we went down to "spend the day".  First we stopped at "M's" fabric store so I could look for fabric for making living room curtians and valances.  Of course what I had in mind, tone on tone stripes,  wasn't what I found, but it ended up turning out great any ways.  Every thing in the whole store was 50% off!!!  (smiling)  I needed 18 yards of one fabric for the curtains.  Not only was it hard to find the right color, yes I took the paint sample of the paint our walls are painted, but to find that many yards on one bolt.  I came across the perfect tan plaid and there was 33 yards on the bolt.  I thought I had better look for the fabric for the wing back chair to be recovered since I had the curtain fabric right there.  I found a great black/tan stripe that looked really pretty against the plaid.  Plus, it will tie in the funky zebra chair that we have in the living room.  Soooooo, I got seven yards of that too.  When we first moved into the house ( two years ago Sept 17) I thought I didn't want any curtains up at the windows.  I have found that the rooms that I did make curtains for, I like those the best.  I was afraid curtains would cover up all our views of the woods, but the way I'm making them , they are on the outside of the window frames.  Curtains sure do change the look of a room, that is for sure.  Next room to be done, will be Chuck's.  I haven't gotten a vision on what I want in there yet.  I have to tackle the living room first.  It might take me a little while.  We have four windows in there but I love every one of them for the light and the views. 

No comments: