Sunday, August 12, 2012

Two New Things

Only $7!

We have another favorite junk store but it's only open the second and forth Friday and Saturdays of the month.  Chuck likes to go out there because Melvin is always putting out new "old stuff" and half the time Melvin, ends up giving Chuck what he has picked out of these baskets of old stuff, for free.  The prices are very reasonable also. That is where we got our fancy $12 mirror in our dining room.  This trip, I found a big blue pottery bowl that I had an idea how to use it.  You hardly ever find blue/white ware and I have found two pieces there now.  I pictured pretty flowers in the little blue/white pitcher.  We came home with the bowl, pitcher and a couple of gun cleaning kits that Melvin gave Chuck.  When I went to the " Candle Garden gift shop, with Charlotte last weekend, there was this ceramic laying hen, in a bowl of hay.  The price was totally out of the range that I would even think of paying for it (like $40!) but I remembered that I had a laying hen that I had paid $2 for a couple of years ago. It was in the girls mansion.  All I needed was the bowl of hay.  There it was and the bowl was even blue.  I went over to the BNOE and got a cart load of hay for the chicken's nesting boxes and for my blue bowl.  Went down to the wild flower garden and picked some flowers for the pretty little pitcher and I had two new things for the house.  ...smiling! 

No comments: