Friday, August 17, 2012

Birdhouse Fence

We've been working on several projects this week.  The birdhouse picked fence that I saw on Pinterest, was one of them.  How come when ya see a picture of something you think " oh that won't be so hard to make...just a little cutting and painting and it ends up being a major project, time wise.  Chuck did all the figuring, cutting and he painted the fence.  All I ended up doing was painting the roofs to each slat.  It did turn out cute.  We put it in the flower bed that we cleared out between "Brambly Lane" and the drive way to the basement. The BNOE gave me three clumps of elephant ears and I planted them behind the fence.  Once they get big by next summer, you will be able to see them over the fence.  I plan on planting some ferns and some hostas in front of the fence.  It should turn out to be a fun flower bed. 

No comments: